If you have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, it is importance to initiate a few lifestyle changes, especially related to diet and exercise. An underactive thyroid gland can impact your body metabolism, which may reflect through symptoms like tiredness, fatigue and weight gain. In this, post, we will talk about six essential diet tips for hypothyroidism patients.
- Your diet should be nutritionally balanced and must include protein and carbohydrates in the right proportion. You need daily servings of fresh foods and salads, which must include green leafy veggies, as well.
- Skip cruciferous veggies, including cabbage, broccoli, turnip and cauliflower, which can impact thyroid function in the body. You also need to regulate and limit the consumption of soy products.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol. Both these things can affect the absorption of thyroid medication. You can check the Thyroid Secret or talk to your doctor to know of ways to reduce/regulate your consumption.
- Don’t eat anything that’s processed or refined. The list includes all foods that contain refined sugar, such as muffins, cakes, and other desserts. You also need to avoid packaged and processed meat products. The idea is to eat fresh, to the best extent possible.
- It’s a common myth that people need to skip carbohydrates in hypothyroidism. Well, your body needs carbs, but from the right sources. Avoid wheat, white rice, and pasta, and replace it with better sources like oats and brown rice.
- Drink ample water. Your body needs at least three to four liters of water each day. Do not drink water all at once. Instead, keep hydrating the body at regular intervals. Avoid soft drinks, cocktails, and mocktails that come with added sugar.
Finally, follow a diet program that offers researched ideas, such as the Thyroid Secret. With a few diet changes, you will see a big difference in your overall lifestyle and weight.